a journey of the senses
experience the many faces of india
a yoga and cultural retreat to dazzle the senses and fill the soul.
journey to north india
Sat–Sat, March 7-21, 2020
$3995 P/P Double (price reflects 4% discount for check or cash)
$850 single supplement for entire trip
$650 non-refundable deposit will secure your reservation (enjoy a $25 discount for check or cash)
Trip balance is due by November 1, 2019.
Please call the studio (317-753-1266) or email [email protected] for information on paying the trip balance.
- 12 nights at 4-5 star spectacular accommodations including 3 nights at Aloha on Ganges
- Holi Festival Celebration in Delhi
- Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- Golden Temple
- Dharamshala, home to the Dalai Lama in exile
- Aarti Ceremony on the Ganges River in Rishkesh
- Neer Gaddu Waterfall
- Flag ceremony at Wagha India/Pakistan border
- Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- Legendary Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram
- Salaam Baalak Trust “Walk the Street Life of Delhi” — tour led by former street children
Arrive in Delhi for a traditional warm Indian welcome and private transfer to our hotel.
We lace up our shoes to “Walk the Street Life of [Old] Delhi” with former street children. We will enjoy lunch and a tour of New Delhi by rickshaw.
Morning yoga prepares us for the colorful Holi Festival Celebration in Delhi. This ancient Hindu festival celebrates the coming of spring.
Train ride to/from Agra for a private tour of the majestic Taj Mahal and famed Agra fort.
Travel to Haridwar and continue on to Rishikesh, the spiritual home of yoga. Our visit includes an evening Aarti ceremony, a tradition of sound, flame and color, on the banks of the Ganges River where the sadhus [holy men] gather.
Visit 2 ashrams: Parmarth Niketan Ashram, the largest in Rishikesh known for its ornate gardens, and the overgrown ruins of the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi Ashram, known as the place where The Beatles wrote the White Album.
Morning yoga warms us up for a spectacular hike to Neer Gaddu Waterfall.
Yoga at our beautiful hotel and half day in Rishikesh before boarding the train to Delhi.
Visit Gurudwara Bangla Sahib, one of the holiest Sikh houses of worship in Delhi. Take evening express train to Amritsar to rest up for a full day.
Our first stop takes us to the Golden Temple, aglow in the morning light, and to Jallianwala Bagh, the national memorial in Amritsar commemorating the British massacre of 1919. As the sun sets, we will witness the pageantry of the lowering-of-the-flags ceremony along the Wagha Border between India and Pakistan.
Early morning departure for a scenic drive to Dharamshala, home to the 14th Dalai Lama in exile. View the snow-capped peaks of the Dhauladhar mountains known for their spectacular beauty. Our visit includes an afternoon tour of the heart of Tibetan Buddhism.
After our morning yoga, we take to the hills with a boxed lunch and hot chai. The famed Triund Mountain trek is a 3-hour hike through forests of oak and rhododendron with scenic views of the Dhauladhar mountains and the Kangra valley.
We enjoy a relaxing morning before flying to Delhi for a visit to Lodhi Gardens and our farewell dinner.
inclusions and preparation
- Accommodations for 12 nights in 4-5 star hotels
- Ground transport to /from airport
- Internal transport by private air-conditioned coach, air-conditioned train, one-way flight Dharamshala/Delhi
- Private English-speaking guide and yoga instructor for duration of trip + local guides in each city
- Entrance fees to sites and monuments on itinerary
- Daily breakfast + 4 lunches + farewell dinner
- Applicable government taxes + parking fees
- International airfare, taxes, trip insurance (recommended)
- Meals not specified on itinerary
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip hotel staff, tour guide, restaurant staff and drivers)
- Any activities outside of those included in the trip itinerary
- Health coverage
- All treatments, purchases, phone calls, laundry and other incidentals of a personal nature
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of return from your trip
- Documentation must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to departure
- Any cancellation made before November 1, 2019 will result in loss of initial deposit
- Any cancellation made after November 1, 2019 will result in loss of full trip cost
- For more information and travel documents, contact Sarah Reuter of Elevate Travel Co.:
[email protected] | 317-654-0161